Monday 28 October 2013

Lulling....

I think we're in a lull at the moment.  The bit before Christmas with not much happening.  In saying that I did go white water rafting, which wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I don't like boats really. I have this weird thing with my brother where we absorb the others fears.  I got 'bitten' by a wasp, he gets the fear when their buzzing about him, he joins the navy, I develop a fear of boats.  I get a weird sort of horrendous vertigo, which disappears as soon as I hit the water.

I ended up in the water about 3 times and it was bloody cold. In your Offshore Survival Training they talk about that if you do hit the water in the north sea (which is four degrees in the summer), the body the registers the cold when it surrounds you as it would register fire, and will close your airways to protect the lungs. It was that cold.  I ended up going in by accident the first time.  It was really the fault of the guide.  We were playing this game where we had to cross the T section of the paddles with each others then hang over the side of the boat.  I was later told the intention was to put the Gids in with his hi-teck six mm wetsuit and hood, instead of me with the hole in the knees three mm.  Apparently his face was a state when I went in, though not as bad as my 'OH-MY-GOD-IT'S-SOO-COLD-I-CAN'T-BREATHE' face.  

On the cycling front, the Gids actually left on his bike this morning, as did I but not together.  I've only recorded once from where we live and back.  I'm intending to do Mysore Practise at the yoga studio, with my attention of doing 4 classes a week. Then drop one of them when the cycling starts.  I have real problems with my arms. I thought it was my chest and possibly my shoulders but they feel fine now to be honest.  I can't close my hands behind my back, and it's really tight - not on the cap muscle but underneath.  But I'll be glad when the Etape signage opens again.  It'll give me a goal to work to.

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment