Monday 25 May 2015

Funcy!

If you remember last year I briefly mentioned that I had taken a big trip 'Abroad'.  This Vanmoof you see below was found waiting outside in the sunshine whilst we waited for the ferry to go see the Statue of Liberty - and being all the way from Amsterdam it, like us, was pretty far from home. I like it's dadaist utility* and am strangely drawn to it's walled tyres.  Are they wrong?


Vanmoof - an Amsterdam company - make electric bikes but I think I'm right in saying that this is not one of those.  There were a couple of touches for convenience stylishly executed such as the easy access red back light.   The breadbox at the top seems to be a customisation from the owner as apposed to a company add on which is something I always like to see, especially on a bike whose  chunky functional looks could put people off. 


What do you guys think?  Is this kind of thing right up your street or is it a dark alley best left untrod?

Jx

Join me on bloglovin'Twitter, and Pinterest (though to be honest I don't Pinterest too much, or at all).  Care to leave a comment or a post suggestion?  All comments will be answered, unless ofcourse it's spam or an advertisement (it will be deleted). 


No comments:

Post a Comment