Thursday 19 February 2015

I scowl superiorly from my corner....

I'm kind of judgemental, but I'm also very cowardly, so the chances of me being judged as judgemental are very slim since I hardly ever say anything that I'm judging people for.   Don't get me wrong, I am heartily aware that people judge me too but probably no where near half as much as I think they do, but they do.  And then they think about cake, or crossing the road, or how chickens are just little dinosaurs.  None the less, I am aware that I am judgemental, not particularly negatively judgemental I don't think, but I do and try to curb my judgementalness but sometimes find it difficult. I could of course spend more time curbing my cowardliness but that would just make me shouty.  

Rather pertinent to this blog I judge other cyclists a lot.  I look at them and judge if they're wearing appropriate attire for the climate for the day, if I can tell from how they ride if they're drivers or not (hint: if I see you do a roundabout I think yes, you drive a car).  Generally my judgeyness is not necessarily negative, but being pure of thought is not something people will say about me.  I know this, so I try to not be so negative, but there are some instances where it is difficult. For example:



Now, it's not the electric bike thing that gets me. A cyclist is a cyclist is a cyclist, batteries or no (and I was in the car when I took this.)   It's not the ear phones, which usually get me (but then I think what about all the deaf cyclists).  Or the lack of bike hat (straight up Darwinism).  It's the hand in the back pocket.  



I mean really??!?!  Would you!?!?!?!  On a busy Saturday afternoon on one of the busiest streets in the town?!  Would you?!?  In the bus lane, with half a dozen light stops, pedestrians, potholes and the rest?!  One handed?!  Fer Fecks Sake!!! Where's the sense in this world?!?!

Have you seen anything on the road worthy of ridicule?  Would it be worthy of ridicule by others? What do you see that you would never do?  Let's let it all off our chest now!

Jx

Like and want more of this? Don't forget to subscribe to an e-mail blast, or join me on bloglovin'Twitter, and Pinterest!  Anything to add?  Is there something else you'd like to see? Feel free - all comments will be answered. 


5 comments:

  1. So you forgive earphone wears because deaf people can, and should, ride but you judge one handed riders despite the ability of people with only one arm to ride. Double standards I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, one hand abled cyclists will have modified their bikes in order that they can steer, change gear, and break perfectly well with one hand. This guys not a one handed cyclist, he's a two handed cyclist riding with one hand in his back pocket.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an off-hand comment to me.

    ReplyDelete