Sunday 1 June 2014

Fitness Challenge Results

On the 20th of May I challenged myself to do at least a half hours worth of sweaty exercise every day for the next 10 days.  Why?  I was feeling a bit miserable after finishing the Etape Caledonia and wanted something to work towards.  I wanted to do something that would be hard and see the effect it had on me, my body, and how I would approach it.

I didn't manage every day - I think I managed 7 out of 10 days (like cats).  I also forgot the rule of not stacking extra exercise and counting that for the previous or next day (see here).    On the whole I did think the 10 days would be hard to do since there was a very real chance of me over training (and lets face it, I've had a cold I can't shift since I started this so I probably have a little), but I've also tried to find a few things I've wanted to go back to and have a proper go of.  Swimming for example, and running again.  I have to admit I've really enjoyed my route through dappled sunny Seaton.


Things I've learnt:

1.  I could definitely step up the sessions to two days in a row, then a rest day.

2. Cross Training is in order.  Going back to the running isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  The skipping had a worse effect.  But I recon - don't worry, I'll still be cycling mostly - I could change it up.  Perhaps a cycling session one day then running or swimming or yoga the next.

3. I may be developing an addiction for exercise things, challenges and take-parts.  I was struggling after the Etape, just generally feeling miserable and a bit put out. More so than any normal person should. Now this is over I feel a 'Poo poo is me' descending.  God, I really am spoiled arent I.

What could I do next?  Any thoughts let me know in the comments below!

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment