Wednesday 23 May 2012

Enjoy Yourself, it's later than you think!

Went out last night on one of the few glorious Summer nights Aberdeen is ever likely to see this year.  It was just a pootle with the Giddy Blonde.  Nothing going but the intent of enjoying myself on a shiny 'deen evening.  As soon as I got on the bike I felt like I was home, and I was flying! I've had amazingly sore calves since Monday night - even though it's only Wednesday it's felt like a very long week hobbling around - but that all went when we were out. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed it even if it was just for two hours.

Here's the route:

And the Metrics
Departed:May 22, '12, 06:38pm
Starts in:Aberdeen, Scotland, GB
Distance:25.4 mi
Elevation:1284 / - 1207 ft
Max Grade
9.1 %
Avg. Grade
0.3 %
VAM310 Vm/h
Ascent time01:15:39
Descent time00:52:52
Total Duration:02:13:37
Moving Time:02:08:31
Stopped Time:00:05:06
Max Speed:30.6 mph
Avg. Speed:11.9 mph
Pace:00:05:15
Moving Pace:00:05:03
Max Cadence:105 rpm
Min Cadence:19 rpm
Avg. Cadence:60.2 rpm
Max Heartrate:192 bpm
Min Heartrate:96 bpm
Avg. Heartrate:159.7 bpm
Also for the first time wore my Heart Monitor.  Apparently in a 2 hr cycle ride I burned 1340 odd calories - which doesn't seem right.  What do we think? I've tried working with HR before but it always seems to have me working lower than what I feel like work.  For example - if I were to work at 154 (near enough the average) I'd feel like I was cooling down.

As soon as the calves wear off I'll go do a 1/4 of a mile barefoot (they really have been sore), and then out on the bike this weekend I think.  We were ment to be doing a sportive round Alford but I've not done anything about it.  I'm still in two minds about doing it - I think I should, just not really sure I want to.  Will have to register that morning though - as they're only accepting Paypal or cheque.

Mx


No comments:

Post a Comment